Air Pollution Permitting System
In a multi-year, $4MM fixed-price project, UNICON:
- Reengineered the complex business processes
- Developed a web-based J2EE integrated system
- Provided an internet portal for industry to manage their data
- Cleansed and migrated the legacy data using ETL techniques
- Automated workflows to improve process efficiency
- Developed workflows improve staff and industry efficiency
- Supported diverse industries; e.g., oil, gas and manufacturing
Air Pollution Permitting System
Using agile techniques, UNICON developed a web-based .NET application that provided an integrated view of data and provided user workflow management for business processes.
As evidence of the quality of the design and implementation, the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission reused UNICON’s software as the basis for their own system.
Sub-Grantee Management System
Web and Mobile Strategy
The client website provides critical access to services that the public used thousands of times daily. The website design was antiquated and based on an information repository model, i.e., paper forms posted to a website. UNICON developed a strategy for a solution that contained:
- Web site evolution path based on usage data analysis
- Migration strategy for older solutions to new service offerings
- Staff skill sets to manage electronic-communication channels
Strategicvalue proposition for mobile communication
IT Standards, Policy, and Procedures
The client needed to assess the IT policy gaps and develop and/or update standards, policies, procedures and governance over wide ranging technical subject matter areas, such as IT security, IT spending controls, telecommunications, web usage, social media, web site sponsorship, strategic sourcing, electronic records and data protection. UNICON conducted technical research, evaluated processes and formulated recommendations to senior management. UNICON authored IT reports, policies, standards and procedures that were best current practices.
Data Analysis and COGNOS Reporting
Fortune 500 Utility Company
Public Sector Organization
A public sector organization awarded UNICON a major contract to take over their statewide network administration and support tasks. Under this contract, UNICON was to provide over 20 administration and support personnel in a capacity-based model, replacing several staff augmentation contracts that the organization was previously using. We successfully assisted this client through every single phase of the program from tasks planning, personnel transition to the rollout of the new structure and processes. The main challenges which we successfully overcame include the following:
- Engaged promptly with our client to clearly understand their current challenges and program objectives as we did not have any resources on project with this organization.
- Identified, secured and put in place all the resources required on-site within two weeks of the contract award date.
- Effectively worked the “culture fit” challenge
inthe beginning of our service engagement.
- Successfully managed the personnel transition and backfilling processes
Leading Automotive Manufacturer
A leading automotive manufacturer had a need to consolidate their help desk services for their location. At that time, UNICON already had several help desk personnel working at this client’s site through our staff augmentation service model. Based upon our excellent service track record, we were invited to bid on this project and our
Through UNICON’s service engagement, our client successfully met their business objective in terms of service consolidation with much improved quality, efficiency and internal client satisfaction. In addition, our client was further benefitted from the savings of personnel/contractor management and our best price offering. The success of this project subsequently earned us the “IT Services Supplier of the Year Award” with this client.